These are the best muffins in the world. I will make them for the rest of my life, and pass them on to my children for the rest of theirs. The recipe comes from M's Grandmother (Grandma H). The won first prize at county fair once, although I'm not really sure which one. Not only is the recipe unbelievably easy, but you can substitute, as I do, just about anything in them (cranberries, peach and raspberry, nuts and figs, etc.). Because I dream of these muffins often, I get a little carried away all summer long, harvesting and freezing various berries and fruits from all over the area in hopes of using them in this recipe.
We're skipping church this morning, because I'm still pretty sore, A's nose is running, and it's 5 below outside. What better way to spend a Sunday morning than with warm muffins, Jack Johnson, a fire and family.
p.s. A special shout-out to G, who is running another Marathon this morning in Miami. Good luck!
Makes 12 muffins
You need:
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1.5 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffins tins or use liners. Beat eggs slightly. Stir in milk and oil. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to liquids, stirring just until moistened. Carefully blend in blueberries and spoon into muffin times until about 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toasty brown.
No comments:
Post a Comment